Wednesday, August 05, 2009

Splash *American Crafts + PageMaps*

We have a twofer today. I combined an American Crafts weekly challenge with a PageMaps monthly challenge.

American Crafts' challenge was to use 2 or more of our favourite AC products on a layout. Easy peasy! I used the Craft Fair paper collection those owls are awesome!, a Flair orange you glad? and the awesome Typo Thickers in Mustard! Everything that appears black here is in fact dark brown don't you just hate it when you can get the colours right onscreen?.



PageMaps' challenge was to make a summer layout using the following sketch as inspiration. If you know me, you know that I am not a sketch person. I sketch a lot before starting out, and I get inspired by sketches, but I veer out a lot! Since it was for a challenge, however, I had to make it look like the sketch. You can totally see how I was inspired, but it's still very much my own!


Journaling: It hasn't been the best summer to go swimming, but we have made the best of it. We are lucky enough to have a pool in our backyard, which means we can take advantage of any break in the weather. I'm quite a wuss when it comes to cold water (read 78 or below!), but you and Daddy don't mind it at all. You love your time here!

Supplies:
Cardstock: Bazzill Basics in Java and Lily White; Bazzill Bling in Glitz;
Patterned paper: American Crafts "Craft Fair" collection; October Afternoon "Road Map" collection;
Letter stickers: American Crafts Typo Thickers in Mustard;
Circle Embellishment: American Crafts Flair;
Ribbon: Unknown ric-rac;
Buttons: Doodlebug Designs;
Pen: American Crafts;
Digital element: Cathy Zielske's Snap Kit from http://cathyzielske.typepad.com/my_weblog/
Other: Floss;

Thanks for stopping by♥


1 comment:

Stacy Milford said...

Your take on this sketch is WONDERFUL! I'm working on the same sketch, but our little vaca got in the way...so it's still sitting there @ my scrappy spot...