Saturday, April 06, 2013

My version of Project Life

I love the idea of Project Life.  I like the idea of showing what our day-to-day lives are like.  I didn't want to make a page (or double-page) for every week, however.  There are a few reasons for this. One, I don't have time in my schedule for that, no matter how easy all these products make it for me.  Second, I prefer creating my regular style of scrapbooking pages.  A weekly PL spread would take time away from that.  Third, it would get very repetitive since I'm a SAHM without a car. We pretty much do the same things over and over again.

What I decided to do was to use my Instagram pictures. I really liked that idea because they are about the every day things we do.  I still use my camera daily, but I don't use it for the same things I use my phone for.  So instead of having all those Instagram pics rot in my Android, I decided to print the more meaningful ones and journal short-and-sweet style. I hope my kids can look at this album when they are older and appreciate what their real life was like as kids. 


Album, inserts and journaling cards are all from Simple Stories.

Check out other Project Life projects by my fellow DT members at Practical Scrappers.

Thanks for dropping by, I really appreciate it!
Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.♥



1 comment:

craftykellyj said...

Great PL spread!!! I love it. I don't have time for PL either and have been doing a monthly recap using my Insta photos. My life is too boring for PL.