Tuesday, January 24, 2012

2011: A Year Of Angels




Here's a layout I made for a challenge on Let's Capture Our Memories.  The layout had to have "2011" in the title, more than 3 pictures, and something square.  This was a difficult layout for me to make, but I'm glad it's done.  Keith's dad passed away so close after Zoey was born, it made me relive what happened with my father (he passed away 2 days after Kira was born...)  But time heals and I know both my dad and my FIL are looking down on us with a smile on their face :)

I wanted to keep this simple.  I wanted a simple embellishment, so I covered the chipboard butterfly with washi tape.

Materials
Bazzill Basics cardstock (Lily White)
Echo Park patterned paper - For The Record collection (Apron Strings, Fabric Store, Lace Stripes)
Crate Paper patterned paper - Orbit collection (for journaling strips)
Quick Quotes Powder Puff ink (Midnight Confession)
Omer De Serres an Pink Paislee washi tape
American Crafts foam Thickers (Subway Black)
Studio Calico chipboard shapes (butterflies)
Sharpie pen

Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.♥



1 comment:

Martine said...

This LO is amazing! I scraplifted it for the challenge at LCOM. Thanks for the inspiration!