Thursday, January 28, 2010

This boy...

Picture taken January 3rd, 2010.

I just went to pick up Sean at the school bus. When he got off the bus, the driver was about to drive away, but then stopped and reopened the doors. He told me: "Sean has changed a lot, hasn't he? He used to be incredibly quiet. Never said a word. But now he says hello and goodbye and he joins in the conversations in the bus!" My friends will know just how much hearing this meant to me. I'm so scared he wont fit in. I'm so scared he'll stay in his corner and not mingle. I'm so worried he'll turn out like me, too shy to make real friendships (this has changed for me only in my 30s). I thanked the bus driver profusely. It means so much that he took the time to tell me this!



4 comments:

Jamie Lane Designs said...

Claude, I love that you share your stories! Your son is so adorable, even if he wanted to be shy - the girls won't allow it for much longer! :)

Fleur-de-Lys said...

That is awesome, Claude !
(hugs)

Anonymous said...

Take my word for it sis,

The importance is not to fit in but to happy of who we are.

First make him proud of how he is, and beleive me the rest will come with it.

Bro.

JJ Sobey said...

WOOT! Doing a little happy dance for Sean! Being shy is hard - I'm glad to hear that he's a little less shy than he was. That's awesome.