Sunday, January 31, 2010

Develop On Fridays Lesson One::Voice

My scrap friend Barb turned me onto this online photography workshop called Develop On Fridays. It is led by professional photographer Jefra Linn.

I only just recently started to play more with my photography. I want to develop new skills, see my subjects in a different light. I want to learn to shoot manual. I want to figure out how to properly use my new 50mm lens. I love it, but I have a hard time getting the focus right sometimes. I tend to get too close, and it does not work with the 50mm!

I came in at week 2, so this is me catching up with week 1 ;)

So, week one's assignment? To take at least 75 shots of a single subject in an attempt to find my creative voice. For the record, these were taken at 11PM under bright lights. 50mm 1.8 lens, ISO 800, automatic portrait mode. Here are 3 favourites.

Second runner-up. I love seeing a hint of the tail curled under my cat, Sunshine.


First runner-up. I like the orientation of this one. This picture of Sunshine looks exactly like what he looks like IRL. I love that!


Winner. I chose this one as my favourite because I love how the focus is exactly on his eye. Love the blurriness in the front.

Well, on to week two's assignment, see you soon!

Thanks for stopping by♥


3 comments:

Barb said...

Awesome shots, Claude! :)
I find it hard to get decent photo ops in the winter too. Too dark most of the day... and too cold outside! Brrrrrr!! You did a great job (and you have a really cute cat too!).

Crystal said...

Great shots! Pets are hard to photograph. Love the last one, so playful, and great Depth of Field.

Nathalie said...

Oooh, I am going to go check the link for this. I really like the second to last because of the light reflecting in his eyes but the last one does have a great depth.