Tuesday, February 25, 2014

Practical Scrappers On Trend: Gold


I'll be honest with you, I didn't think I was going to take part in this Practical Scrappers challenge. Gold is simply not my thing. But then I received my Hello Today February kit from Scrapbook Circle and it came with a great sheet of gold on kraft specialty paper from Studio Calico.

So here I give you my layout, 31 Months:

Wondering why I came up with this title? I had this picture of my two oldest with their paternal grandfather from 2010. I loved it, but I didn't know what to say in my journaling. Then I read the daily prompt on Mojo Hunting, which was to use our number stickers. It inspired me to write about the time since he passed away in 2011.

I am entering this in the February 1st Challenge on the Stuck?! Sketches blog. Make sure you also check out my pal Eliane's take on the same sketch: Rébi cachée.

Supplies:
Papers: Studio Calico (Atlantic), Chickaniddy (Date Night), October Afternoon (Daily Flash Snapshots)
Tags: Scrapbook Circles printables, Scrapbook Circle Exclusive Tag Set, Elle's Studio
Stickers: Chickaniddy
Enamel hearts: Chickaniddy
Stamp: Scrapbook Circle
Letters: KI Memories, Chickaniddy, October Afternoon

Make sure you check out Practical Scrappers for other golden examples from the DT!
 
Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.♥



6 comments:

Unknown said...

Oh this is a beautiful take on the sketch, loving the gold and the large title. such a sweet memory to add to your scrapbook! Thanks for joining us at Stuck?!

Sandy Ross said...

What a wonderful way to share a layout of a loved one that has passed. Fabulous take on the sketch! Thanks for playing along with Stuck?!

Leslie Germain said...

This page is gorgeous. Great use of gold. The colors are just great!!!! Would love for you to stop by and share it on Crafty Creations!

Unknown said...

Such a beautiful page. Love the photo and memory you wrote about. Plus you rocked the gold!

Joefil said...

Beautiful! love everything on your layout! Thank you so much for joining us at Stuck?!

Lee-Anne said...

Great page Claude! Thanks so much for joining us at Stuck?!