Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Summer Mini Album : : Scrap Within Reach

Okay, let me be honest here: I don't like mini-albums. I think I've said it before. I don't like making them and I don't like them once they're done because I see them as clutter. My kids, however, love them. They see them as little books about them (as if all the big albums I make aren't about them!) So once in a while, I make one.

I started with this. You'll have to excuse the bad picture, it was 11 at night when I took it.



As you can see, it's a fleur-de-lys. However, I couldn't use it as-is and I'll tell you why. You see, I live in the province of Qu├ębec and this is our flag:


So when I see a fleur-de-lys, all I can think of is this flag, and more specifically our national holiday, la St-Jean-Baptiste. I know there's a lot more meaning behind this emblem, but my head sees what it sees, what can I say! Since I didn't have pictures of us celebrating said holiday (well, not enough pics), I decided to alter the album. I made this:


A bird! Cute, cute! I used Scrap Within Reach's Urban Garden collection.

And now, my kids are happy! :)

Life is not a race. Take it slower. Hear the music before the song is over.♥



2 comments:

peata said...

turned out great. really interesting bout the fleur de lis and ur flag.

toilet roll mini scrapbook comp

Shop with Me Mama said...

Super cute and creative, great job :)