Thursday, July 30, 2009

For the Sake of Art

I'm trying more and more to mix and match paper collections and/or manufacturers. Here, I used three: Pink Paisley, the pinkish background (thanks NoƩmi, you are sweet!), October Afternoon, the aqua with white polka dots and Sassafras Lass, the adorable strip with mushrooms on it. Somehow, it makes me feel good to mix things that weren't necessarily intended to be put together. Caro does this really well.

I used SBE's Quick Collage Template #201 and cropped out the spaces I didn't need, then reduced the size to make it fit on a 5x7. I will definitely be doing this again!




Supplies:
Cardstock: Generic;
Patterned paper: Pink Paisley, October Afternoon, Sassafras Lass;
Letter stickers: American Crafts;
Sticker: Bazzill Chip Toppers;
Round Embellishment: American Crafts Flair;
Pen: American Crafts;
Digital element: Scrapbook Etc. Quick Collage Template # 201 http://www.scrapbooksetc.com/quick-collage/quick-collage-200-series_ss1.html
Other: Pop-dots;


3 comments:

Fleur-de-Lys said...

Great job on mixing collection/companies ! I'm trying to do it as much as I can but it's really hard for me as well...

Ann Costen said...

So cute Claude! My Kira loves painting too but she does use the brushes...doesn't like to have dirty hands :)

Igagnon76 said...

i love this! it`s so cute!