Saturday, April 11, 2009

I hate the sugar shack!!!

As far as I can remember, I've hated the sugar shack. It's not the food that I don't like: I love eggs, and ham, and the like. It's the ambiance that I don't like. For some reason, as soon as I walk into a sugar shack, I feel a dark cloud fall over me. I know, I know, it sounds dramatic, but it's the truth. Hard to explain, really. I just get all knotted up inside. It's just a bad place for me to be. Add to that that I don't like the music, I hate being crowded by too many people and I can't stand sticky hands... I just don't enjoy these outings!

Nonetheless, we had fun with Joe, Antoinette and the kids. The food was really good, the kids ate like animals and I think I got a few good pictures! I still have to check those. Anyway, the evening wasn't a total bust, but it wasn't the most fun I've had this year, let's just say! ;)

******

In better news, Scrapbook Trends requested a layout for their September 09 issue! It took me forever to get a request from them, and now it's the third one in only a few months! I'm thrilled!

2 comments:

Ash said...

I was just telling my boyfriend how much I dislike going to the Sugar Shack, too funny! I don't like the ambiance either, and I hate the lard. I just don't get the whole experience, but maybe it's because I never really did it when I was younger, so it doesn't seem special or important to me. Glad to hear that you had a good time anyways though :) And congrats on the pub!!

Josée said...

Je crois que tu n'es pas la seule Claude .La cabane à sucre est la dernière place ou je veux aller.Premièrement je peux faire cette bouffe pas mal meilleur chez moi ,à beaucoup moins chère.Et pour ce qui est ces produit de l'érabe,je n'en suis pas très friande!!